GhostWire Studios :: Flash Components :: PHPObject

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Example of Distributed Computing with PHPO and FMX, Little plaything to show off.
Zingo
  Posted: Jul 15 2003, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Initiated

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Head on over to Virtual Galaxy for a little demonstration of what can be done with PHPObject and a little lateral thinking.

It's basically a 'banner-like' tool for a web page that does some calculations for a large project on the viewers browser. Using PHPO to send and recieve the data from the server and PHP to drop the results into the database.

There are many possibilities for this, but I've chosen a little something different as a plaything for it wink.gif

If you like it (or not!) drop by my Blog and leave a comment under the Virtual Galaxy section.

BTW, The current online version is set to only start doing calculations when the viewer presses the Play > button in the swf. Basically to reduce problems while debugging, but still there 'cos I forgot to change it back!!

Maybe I'll get round to doing it soon rolleyes.gif

--------------------
function sig (coffee)
{
trace("Zingo "+(coffee>0?"Thanks you for the Coffee":"is Sad"));
// Blog Here

// Please only contact me via this forum or the above Blog - extensive Spam Killing is underway on my email
// or include 'PHPObject' in the Subject Line of a mail
}
PMUsers WebsiteICQMSN
colorblind
Posted: Jul 16 2003, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Initiated

Member No.: 7

For one thing, the blog-URL doesn't work ... for another: VERY NICE TOOL, could be pushed in different directions, but nice !!

--------------------
"For a clown-fish, he isn't that funny ... " - Finding Nemo
PMUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Zingo
Posted: Jul 16 2003, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Initiated

Thanks colourblind, hadn't noticed the URL problem - should be fixed in a jiffy!!

The whole Distributed computing concept could be used for hundreds of things, but most of those I'm sure will be thought about by others wink.gif My choice for a Gaxaly Generator was purely for fun.

--------------------
function sig (coffee)
{
// Blog Here

// Please only contact me via this forum or the above Blog - extensive Spam Killing is underway on my email
}
PMUsers WebsiteICQMSN
uncleandy
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Initiated

Member No.: 26

That is such a cool idea! Now I want to make something with distributed computing. But what to compute hmm...

--------------------
Cheers,

Andrew Blair
Interactive Director
riordondesign.com

( inform ) inspire (
PMUsers Website
sunny
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

As a matter of fact, NTT Data Corp started testing their distributed computing solution in December last year, and I read somewhere that they have recently launched their service. Not cheap - charging companies loads of money... the USA estimated that the market for services using distributed computing technology will grow to around US$8 billion by 2004.
PMUsers Website
Zingo
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Initiated

So I Am onto a good thing then! tongue.gif

--------------------
function sig (coffee)
{
// Blog Here

}
PMUsers WebsiteICQMSN
uncleandy
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Initiated

Member No.: 26

So, I just noticed that you have to hit the "play" triangle to make it contribute to the solar system. Maybe I'm the only one who missed that but I thought I'd add that note. blink.gif

--------------------
Cheers,

Andrew Blair
Interactive Director
riordondesign.com

( inform ) inspire (
PMUsers Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll