GhostWire Studios :: Flash Components :: PHPObject

Forum Rules Posting Guidelines

* This is a place for users to contribute articles and tutorials on the use of PHPObject
* Please post complete, well-written articles, not just a link to a webpage
* Only post your own articles (meaning you are the author and have the copyrights)
* You are welcomed to submit case studies (comprehensive, well-written accounts of how you have used PHPObject in projects) if you do not wish to release source codes
* If your post is in a language other than English, suffix the title with the language in parentheses, eg. Building a Flash Form (GERMAN)
* Posts in this forum may be edited by the moderators for brevity, clarity, grammar and spelling

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Doing Away with delayExecute(), for easier use of phpObject
kbilly
Posted: May 23 2006, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 4255

Basically I couldn't get delayExecute() and execute() to work properly, so I went digging around in the code. Now I don't even have to use delayExecute() or execute(). I can just have the function calls straight after each other and it works perfectly.

I've set up a couple of arrays to act as FIFO lists for the methods and arguments. So when a function is called it is automatically added to the lists and if it is the first in the list it will execute the method. Otherwise on return of any function, after the correct _onResult has been called, then the next function in the list will be called.

I've also set up on "Connection Failure" to reset the variables and try to execute the method again. The Flash IDE seems to get "Connection Failure"s regularly whereas the browser won't - maybe it's just me... This code seems to work very well for me.

Try it out and let me know how you go.
Search for "BEV" in the code to see the changes I've made.

kbilly.

Hmm. Uploader not working...
Anyone know how to upload a zip file here?

I'll put it here for a while...
http://bevan.widestream.com.au/phpObjectEdited.zip
PM
johnhattan
Posted: Aug 14 2006, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 2560

Just a note that your "updated" version is working fine here at thecodezone.com. I wasn't messing with multiple calls and delayexecute, so I just dropped it in.

Seems like a much nicer solution than the whole delayexecute thing. Big thanks!
PM

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll